• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hakucho kata by sensei R.Lindsey

P.A.L

Interesting. It has some of the elements of Matayoski Hakutsuru. the one that you have shown appears to be a bit more advanced and a bit longer than the Matayoshi verson. Thanks

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. It has some of the elements of Matayoski Hakutsuru. the one that you have shown appears to be a bit more advanced and a bit longer than the Matayoshi verson. Thanks

which one you refering to? the first one by Mr. Lindsey or second one with Sensei Matayoshi? did you see the second clip? is this the one you refering as matayoshi Hakutsuru?

do you practice any crane kata? do you use it in self defense techniques?

which one you refering to? the first one by Mr. Lindsey or second one with Sensei Matayoshi? did you see the second clip? is this the one you refering as matayoshi Hakutsuru?

do you practice any crane kata? do you use it in self defense techniques?

Ooops, bad me. I did not see the second clip from Matayoshi. I was referring to the Matayoshi version that I was taught. I have to go see the second clip. Sorry about that

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Sorry for what will most likely be a post so soon but...after viewing the Matayoski version that was presented I am sorry to say that I do not know what it is that I was taught a number of years ago. It has elements of the Lindsey version but it was nothing like the Matayoshi version. This whole thing was most educational.

Boy that is a long kata :o Are all the kata that long?

did you fall into sleep? :D

this could be one of the longest, most of them are shorter camparable to Bassai Dai or Kusanku Dai in shotokan. some of them show the techniques in all four directions or sequences are repeated 3 times based on Sanchin exercise so they look longer.

I like long katas. They force you to try to sustain a high level of power and speed in your technique over a long period of time. They make you push yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw P.A.L., how old is this video (of Lindsey Sensei), and how did you acquire it? Is it something you recorded yourself? I think that it's okay, but it definitely is not the best form I've seen him do and I don't thnink it conveys Lindsey Shinshii's ability. Even something like Nijuken would have been better to show.

Just wondering if he even knows it's been all over YouTube...

Empiricism leads to truth...

Emotion distorts the real...