• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hakucho kata by sensei R.Lindsey

P.A.L

for those of you who are intrested in Okinawan white crane katas , here is a clip of Hakucho kata , i was never taught this kata and i just watched it for the first time but some of the hand moves look like Gokenki style.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice form, very graceful. Quite soft, compared to the forms that I do. I would love to see the applications of all the hand techniques.

Not bad. If you ever get a chance watch George Alexander perfomr Hakutsuru Kata.

Hakutsuru is one amazing kata, I'll try to find a link to a performance. I enjoy the old white crane katas, very graceful and almost dance like.

"On Ko Chi Shin"

Very nice form, very graceful. Quite soft, compared to the forms that I do. I would love to see the applications of all the hand techniques.

most of white crane is about

A.Evading the first strike

B.Hitting eye or throat ( sometimes a pressure point)

C.killing body

in many cases the same blocking hand (front hand) does the strike too, and if back hand does the blocking then front hand fingers hit the eyes at the same time.

here is Matayoshi sensei doing a crane(could be snak or Mantis)? kata and a Monkey form

Edited by P.A.L

some of the crane katas shows female moves, kakushi ( use of hidden weaponery or hidden punch) is one of them, also some of the moves that resembles a female carrying a baby.

here is a example of hidden punch from tomari wanshu kata

most of white crane is about

A.Evading the first strike

B.Hitting eye or throat ( sometimes a pressure point)

C.killing body

in many cases the same blocking hand (front hand) does the strike too, and if back hand does the blocking then front hand fingers hit the eyes at the same time.

here is Matayoshi sensei doing a crane kata and a Monkey form

Thanks for the information. The form was very intriguing.