• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Please, I need some help!

Okay, I havent started any martial arts, yet... But I intend to pursue Ninjutsu, the only problem is, I live in Tucson, I have been searching for a very long time, but have not yet found a dojo, or sensei that teaches Ninjutsu.Its one of those things where Im so obsessive over it, im not willing to settle for anything different, a bunch of my friends just tell me to give it up, and settle for karate, but I cant, so, can anyone help me find a location or sensei? :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be very hard to find. I believe there is another thread on here discussing ninjitsu. As far as traditional Ninja training, they were a very secretive group of assassins in the time of the samurai. I believe there are several styles currently in existance that have the same premise that the ninja style was based on, do a search for the other thread about ninjitsu, they had several good recommendations of places to look and styles to look for that are based on ninjitsu. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something.

By the way, Welcome to KF

"On Ko Chi Shin"

ninjitsu has got to be one of the least taught MA's out there. plus when i looked in to it (there is a school in adelaide) it was extremely strict and super expensive.

Now you use head for something other than target.

Welcome to KF! :karate: Glad to have you.

As far as learning Ninjitsu, it seems that if you can't find a school, you may be stuck. I don't recommend books or videos as a beginner, either. You can learn too many bad habits that way. I would look around at all the schools in your area, and see if you can find something that you like. This way, if you ever do get a chance to do nijitsu, then you will have a little MA backing to help you out; kind of give you head start!

You may have to look elsewhere (as in a different style), but definetely look!

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

try searching for taijutsu, or if you can't find anything you might want to try japanese jujitsu which i believe has a lot of similar techniques. i happened to watch UFC 2 last night, and in the middle of it they were showing a bit of each of the arts that were used in it. the stuff the ninja guy was doing was basically what we do in jujitsu.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

I don't know a whole lot about Ninjitsu, but I believe a lot of the techniques come from Karate and Aikido (which is also a big crossover with JuJitsu). Obviously though, the "spy-craft" was then added for it's purpose.

I would say make your first priority a good school and your second priority Ninjitsu. I understand that you are keen to do Ninjitsu, but doing another style well is better than doing Ninjitsu bad.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Thank you everyone, for responding. I appreciate all of your help, I will keep looking, But if after a little longer, cannot find a Ninjitsu dojo, then I will pursue Jujitsu to give me a bit of background. Its certainly better than nothing, plus, when I do find a sensei, Ill at least know something about the craft.