• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where are our hero's?

Many of us have spoken from time to time about people we consider legends in the Martial Arts world.

Some of these people are alive today.

Examples:

Jeff Speakman

Dan Inosanto

Chuck Norris

Jackie Chan

Kanazawa

Gracie Bros

and the list goes on and on....

My point is this...

For most of these men, martial arts are their whole life. Like it is mine. When I can't be practicing Martial Arts, I like to think Martial Arts. One of the ways I do this is by coming on to this forum and talking with my fellow Martial Artists of the world.

Presumably, our hero's would want to be doing something similar.

So... I have two question.

1) are any of our hero's on this site? Do you know of any or are you one? If you have been mentioned on here as one of our "Hero's" and are perhaps hiding under a "secret" non-descript username, now is the time to reveal yourself. We want to hear from you!!

2) if there are none here.... where are they? What forums do they talk on, and if they don't..... why not?

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure Chuck Norris came on his website a few months ago when all those 'Chuck Norris facts' lists were going around a few months ago. At that point he admitted he wasnt much of an internet or computer guy.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

I've thought about this before as well.

You don't see too many famous people or world class competitors on internet forums in general. I think that maybe they are spending their time training instead of surfing the web. A lot of people here are super dedicated to MAs and consider posting to be a part of that, but think about how much dedication it takes to be so good at martial arts that you are famous worldwide. I doubt people like that have much time for extraneous stuff.

Makes me think I should be training right now. :D

There are exceptions though. Bas Rutten posts on his message board, and there are some pro fighters on sherdog and another site that is censored here. Jason Delucia, for another example, posts on internet forums.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

ok, i admit it, i am jackie chan....

seriously tho. i wouldnt be surprised if there were some big Martial Artists here.

i doubt you would get any of the movie making MA people on here, but i wouldnt be surprised to see some of the big masters at there place late at night checking the forums.

people say "my instructor is 3 down from " im sure you have mentioned these forums to your sensei, then they pass it on to theres etc etc. then the master is told "there are all these people talking about you on KF"

i wouldnt be surprised if they check it out. i dont think they would post but they are out there looking.

Now you use head for something other than target.

I have met

Jeff Speakman

Don 'The Dragon" Wilson

Bill Wallace

and many other top martial artists. I find many are very busy with teaching, training, traveling, running their schools or their jobs to take the time online to visit these sites. Most times I am visiting late at night myself while I am taking a break from working on other things. Also many times alot of bad mouthing happens on internet forums which keeps people away.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

i think most of them are very busy with all the various things they do. maybe they have a look now and then, but i can't see any of them being regulars. i guess we'll never know. if someone says 'yeah i'm royce gracie' i'm not going to believe them :)

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

I would like to meet Jackie Chan, The Best in the world to me, and my favourite actor, he also sings too :) :D

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.