• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you had to pick...

I have done a bit of Hapkido however I think I physically would fit in better with it. However the kid in me says Be a Nija....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well I would pick form one of those but if I had to then I wouls pick wing chun

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

k, thanks everyone. I was just wondering this because I was thinking about taking up one of those three arts. unfortunately no one said why they would pick one of those arts. so now I'm wondering, what art do you think would be the more effective one for self defense? im not saying the best art, but just a bit more effective. thank you

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

Hiya, I picked Wing Chun because because it's totally different from what I'm doing now (Kuk Sool Won). For me, choosing hapkido would be like speaking American English and then taking British English classes to broaden my horizons. :smile: Better to take Japanese or Russian, no?

Also, Wing Chun just really strikes me as interesting. It just seems really cool, and its practioners strike me as serious about what they're doing.

For a little more on self-defense, check out http://www.karateforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=2727&forum=2&7

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

I'd pick Hapkido because (depending on what style Hapkido), it's got a little bit of everything from strikes, kicks, ground work, locks, ect. From the little bit of Hapkido that I learned in my last school, I think it would be effective as self defense. Plus, I think, it would be a good addition to TKD.

Laurie F

• 4 weeks later...

I'll go for Hapkido.

But i'll pick much better is where i go. Kempo.

Is better than those 2.

Kempo dude says: Stand up show me what you got, im black belter in kempo, im a Kempo champ. lets see who will win!

Ninjutsu, no doubt. It has a great fighting style (Taijutsu) along with a ton of great and unusual weapons. Also, if you're lucky enough to have found a really good school, then you will learn stealth, etc. It would definately be the style I would pick. Im learning to speak Japanese now so I can understand it all better when I begin to train in it once I move when Im 18.