• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin full contact tournament rules.

ff100

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've been in Kyokushin and Sabaki rules tournaments and as of right now there is no punching to the face. This might be changing soon in Ryoma branch where punching would be allowed to the head/face but you would be wearing very thin gloves.

I would highly suggest going to https://www.kyokushin4life.com where most of the posters do train and compete in Kyokushin or similar events.

I could also easily get you a link to rules of a knockdown tournament but why do you need them? I wouldn't suggest competing in any of these tournaments if you had to ask if punching was allowed to the face.

In the old days of Kyokushin face punches and groin strikes were allowed.

Hi thanks for the information and link.

I was only asking what the rules where. I dont have any issues with full contact anywhere except the groin :D

I've trained in an offshoot of Kyokushin for many years where full contact is allowed.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually there is quite a bit of punching in that clip but its a KO highlight reel and most KOs come from head kicks in Knockdown.

Why is it, when all is said and done, that more is said than done - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

You can also get a free copy of the tournament guidelines & rules by request. So long as you go through the organization they typically will provide that free of charge.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu