• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

help with kicks...tkd

Thanks for the update. My school was once a member school of the CTF. I know Master Hardin, and possibly your instructor. Master Hardin is a great man! Best of luck to you!! Keep us updated.

I was wondering what CTF stands for? I am not familiar with this one.

Choong-sil Taekwondo Federation

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got the right attitude, here, in my opinion. Just keep plugging away, and the kicks will come.

That's what my instructor keeps saying. She tries to assure me that I'm doing fine and to keep trying. It's just learning something new that I'm not used to.

Also, I like the way you spar in tight to the other TKD practitioners. It will make them better as well. And when you get to where you can round out your game and do both, you will be able to really work the others over!

Yeah, my instructor is learning alot from my fighting style herself and we are both improving on our weaknesses because we fight so differently. She likes to spar me because it forces her to use her hands, which she wants to improve.

i did the opposite

i have a 1st dan in tkd and when i started shotokan my sensei and sempai didnt even entertain the thought of starting me at a higher grade, or even pushing me thru quicker. and thats fine by me. i want to do things by the book, not use my previous experience as a short cut. (not that im saying thats what you did, but i feel the two arts, while similar, are different enough to warrant being a white belt in)

Now you use head for something other than target.