• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Friend Needs Your Thoughts and Prayers!

This message came from my sensei about one of our blackbelts, who is 55 and has a wife and children. He and I have studied and trained together in karate-do for many years. I would appreciate so much if you all could keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

With respect,

Sohan

From Sensei:

Dear Advanced Students,

As most of you know, Richard M. had been coughing very badly and went to the doctor for a checkup. After x-rays and a CAT scan, the doctor found a 2" lesion on his lung that may be lung cancer. On Monday, Richard had a scope and biopsy performed. The results were mixed. The good news was that the sample they tested did not show any signs of cancer or tuberculosis. Unfortunately, this is not conclusive. Apparently, Richard's lung was unusually congested/constricted. The doctor was not able to freely move the scope around within the lung as he should have been. He therefore could not necessarily biopsy the right spot or very accurately see within the lung. Even if it is not cancer, Richard said the doctor said this was not normal. The next step will be to order a PET Scan (I believe that's the correct name) and then to perform a needle biopsy based on the results of that test.

Richard remains in relatively good spirits and is keeping a positive attitude. Please keep him in your prayers.

Sensei

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will pray for him, and I hope everything works out.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

You have my thoughts in Meditation Sohan... :karate:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

i don't know what it must be like to be in that situation or know someone who is. i hope he recovers, and keeps those good spirits.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

My thoughts are with you.

my uncle beat lung cancer, and he wasnt very fit so a BB should be able to aswell

Now you use head for something other than target.