• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry for venting!!!!

You mentioned you WENT OFF....

Have you attempted to explain the situation in a cool and calm manner. Perhaps try another way of attacking the situation, or another way of explaining your feelings.

I was calm for the most part. By "go off" I mean that I told the master how I felt and what I was thinking in an adult manner. I would never scream and yell. Not worth it.

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about it and decided it best to just cut the ties with that school. No matter what happens I will not feel good about it. Just better I move on. Maybe even take up bowling or darts. lol

I thought about it and decided it best to just cut the ties with that school. No matter what happens I will not feel good about it. Just better I move on. Maybe even take up bowling or darts. lol

In any form of MA training, there are bound to be bumps in the road. I don't think you should let this affect you that much. Just keep moving along, and everything will fall in place in time. Your signature says "Learning for my black belt." This is just another experience to learn from. Don't let it defeat you....keep going.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish you good luck but feel bad that you felt you needed to sever ties with this organization (unless you have had a string of events similar to this one.) What was your instructors response when you talked with him about this?

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

New Update....My Instructor was upset but to me, and I could be reading into this, was like he was upset but did not care so much as I thought he should. A friend called me over the weekend. HE stated that the owner of the school told him that there will be NO BB test for anyone until I am back to the class, his school, and ready to test due to my health. HE claims that it is ME who is the only one really ready for the test. My friend then asked why are the others allowed to test then? Wish I was there for that one. I guess I will stay with the school but go under a different master (the school owner).

Jaymac, I can and most likely will do it. The owner of the school is a 5th degree. HE will take me as his student and I will not be dealing with the other people. I do want to talk with him as the other school is giving out paper bb under his schools name. I do not think it is right. So I will do what I can to protect my art. as we all should be doing.

Jaymac, I can and most likely will do it. The owner of the school is a 5th degree. HE will take me as his student and I will not be dealing with the other people. I do want to talk with him as the other school is giving out paper bb under his schools name. I do not think it is right. So I will do what I can to protect my art. as we all should be doing.

I don't quite understand what is being said here. Are you going to be a private student, then? Or are you going to different classes at the same school?