• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Kind of Karategi's do you all wear??

Phantasmatic

I wear a KarateGi with that has the usual, fold over drawstrings that sometimes untie during training. That really bugs me especially since I'm rather scrawny and my belt will sometimes hang loose - causing my uniform to go into chaos when doing stuff like jumping jacks. I'm looking forward to my membership at a TKD club - V-Necks, baby! No more drawstrings! :karate:

That's the downside of training in a Japanese martial art - the style of gi!! I'd much prefer it I we could wear V-neck tops instead of the traditional tie ones.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I know what the fold over drawstring gi is like.

I'm preety sure my gi is considered a v-neck. It doesn't have a tie string. Somtimes if my belt isn't done up tight enough my gi opens up. Our gi's are 3/4 length sleeves. My pants are a drawstring which I prefer over the elasticized waist.

The thing I don't like about the V-necks is the inability to pull away from a lapel grab during sparring. At least with the cross tie jacket, you can pull away easier w/o the worrying about ripping your gi top.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Aye, there is that but at least the V-necks don't tend to flap open at inconvenient moments (which can be embarassing if you're a woman).

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have a Gladiator brand gi and I would match quite well with any gi out there 14oz brush cotton tournement cut short legs and arms it feels like a bath robe but completely mobile

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

KotegashiNeo, do you know if Gladiator gi's are available overseas or just in the US/Canada? Thanks!

Sheffield Steelers!

I never wore v-neck tops. Always wore traditional gis from mikado.

cant believe it, your the only other one than me.

i only wear the best, Mikado. :karate:

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battle field."