• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Kind of Karategi's do you all wear??

Phantasmatic

Yep, that's why I train in the Blitz gi on a regular basis - I can't cope with training in thin gi's now!! Except for if it ever gets unbearably hot in my dojo, like it did last summer in which case we usually just wear very lightweight gi's or tshirt and tracksuit bottoms.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer training in a shirt and my gi pants, although the shirts must be recognised, ie. AMA badges. I do like my gi, obviously it'll be worn for tournements.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

I train mostly in JUKA gold, but I also have a Ronin brand gi for competition. When it comes to gi bottoms I like Century contact pants. Tokaido and shureido are also very nice but I can't seem to get a gi to fit better than My JUKA.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

I still wear this karategi I got from Sweden. And it was my first gi too. I've had it for 4 years and I love it. This gi has seen all my pain, sorrow and moments of happiness.

Kill is love

I wear a White GeneSport Karate Gi...Made in Montreal Canada :D

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

• 1 month later...

Shureido TK-10. 3/4 sleeves and pantlegs, most heavyweight one that Shureido has.

Perfect do-gi.

Negative thing: I don't want to go back to other do-gi anymore.

Price isn't that bad, 150€ (roughly same in USD). Before my "Shureido era" I used to go through 1-3 do-gi/year (so called "heavyweight" do-gi of other brands). I have had my first Shureido since 1998 now and it still is in great condition (and I have them in heavy use). I just bought a new one (about 1 year ago) and it has "settled in" now - they really have to be worn for a while before they even begin to feel perfect. And that slight bluish tint...sweet.

My highest recommendations for Shureido. Only other do-gi I have an interes to is Hirota's custom tailored do-gi - might try that next.

For beginners and others with lower budget I always recommend Kamikaze's America. It has a good price/quality value and many of my friends swear by them.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

I wear a KarateGi with that has the usual, fold over drawstrings that sometimes untie during training. That really bugs me especially since I'm rather scrawny and my belt will sometimes hang loose - causing my uniform to go into chaos when doing stuff like jumping jacks.

I'm looking forward to my membership at a TKD club - V-Necks, baby! No more drawstrings! :karate:

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."