• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Kind of Karategi's do you all wear??

Phantasmatic

Hey RonRyu, are Tokaidos better than Shureidos??? IYHO.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy Weight Ronin, it feels like body-armor!!!

1/2 the price of the Japanese ones. They are also cut larger (better for us non-Asians).

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I caint really compair a Toakido to a Shuraido . Ive never worn a shuraido everyone says that they are the best . they are by far the most expensive . I myself prefer the Toyo gi's I jsut bought the Tokaido to compaire them . hope this helps There are several places that have write ups on each gi. try http://www.dojowear.com

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

• 1 year later...

Kamikaze red label most of the time. Also have a kamae international weight gi - very heavy duty but also quite hot to train in!

:)

ShotoMan of the Shotokan

I own 3 gi's. Shureido, tokaido and toyo. All of those gi's are excellent I have to say if your on a budget i'd go for the toyo. If your looking for something in the middle Tokaido is it and if you want to go all out then, hands down, go with Shureido.

"The true essence of karate, the perfection or ideal for which we strive, cannot be expressed or passed on through the spoken or written word. It is intangible in nature"

Chojun Miyagi

I have 3 Blitz Silver Tournament gi's that I wear for regular training and a thinner Playwell gi for when it is summer. I also have a Japanese Tokaido that I keep for competitions and a Hayashi and a Kamikaze, but I don't tend to wear them as much.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I've got a Blitz White Diamond gi but dont really wear it for training, I just wear my AMA shirt and my gi trousers/pants.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

I wear a Blitz silver tournament gi most of the time, but I also train in another Blitz gi, about 12/3 years old so I have no idea what its called! I also have two old lightweight Hayashi gis, but I never wear them nowadays. Once I first tried a heavyweight, there was no going back!

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson