• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Class attendance

that happy birthday thing is so annoying. it will get old very quickly.

Ah it's not that bad. It's a bit of fun. There are about 10 different songs on there, but I couldn't be bothered setting up a different one for each person, so I just set the default for everyone.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a lot of research on these. If you do a search on this forum, you will find my thread "Dojo Administration Software" (or something like that). As far as value for money, I went with Martial Arts Organizer. I think I made the right choice! Check it out... www. martialartsorganizer.com

yeh, now that you finally got it working its pretty good. lots of trouble to begin with, but all the bugs should be sorted out on this one now

Now you use head for something other than target.

• 2 months later...
This is essential when running a club. Besides being able to track trends in student attendance (or lack there of), it's essential incase you get taken to court for a liability claim!!

I totally agree with this, because here in england you have three years to make a claim for injury, by having a record of who attends or who has left for example. it helps you to protect your own back......

plus the attendance factor, as we have a minimum required before grading..

It also helps you work out the no. of students you had on the same day last year, and why if the less now

I've always kept a paper attendance register on which I tick people off in class. More recently I set up a database which holds the same information plus anything else I need to know about students (demographics, membership renewal date, etc). It also allows me to analyse trends and patterns in attendances.

Mike

https://www.headingleykarate.org

Practical Karate for Self-Defence

i use attendance cards, the children get them before every class and i collect them one by one and ask them if they did a good deed that day, after all my classes are over, i date that cards and return them to the card holder....then when saturday comes around, i check the cards for whoever has missed more than one class and give them a follow up courtesy call, just out of good faith. this will help your student retention

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

Next year, i will also be doing follow up calls, these are a great idea. It brings people back in if they are interested, and also keeps you up to date if there are any problems. Also, it just shows you care.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Next year, i will also be doing follow up calls, these are a great idea. It brings people back in if they are interested, and also keeps you up to date if there are any problems. Also, it just shows you care.

I agree with this as well.

• 1 month later...

I use a paper register for every individual class that runs in my club (17 classes a week). I'd like to go electronic but a) I don't know how and b) I have 6 instructors who teach at other venues for me and I think it would just get too complicated.

Also, I enter all the class attendance totals onto an Excel data sheet so I can keep track of class numbers and see which dojos need helping out with getting students in/or if a class is losing students I can help the instructor if he's having any problems.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate