• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Class attendance

We have a card system. Each color belt has thier card in that color. Before each class our instructor collects them from us and marks our classes as needed.

We have to be present for every class to even be considered for promotion, if we miss any then it is up to us to come in and make them up. I like this system and will probly incorporate it in my Dojo years from now.

~Angry~

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes like most of you guys out there we have attendance sheets as well filled in by the instructor and the instructor only. this way we can keep track of who quits and who is eligible because attendance is a crucial piece of your testing eligibility.

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

We have a card system. Each color belt has thier card in that color. Before each class our instructor collects them from us and marks our classes as needed.

We have to be present for every class to even be considered for promotion, if we miss any then it is up to us to come in and make them up. I like this system and will probly incorporate it in my Dojo years from now.

I like the idea of a coloured card for each grade level. Does each card have a set amount of marks that has to be reached? E.g. 20 ticks for classes for first belt, 30 for 2nd belt, 40 for 3rd belt, then 50 for each belt after that.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

I like the idea of a coloured card for each grade level. Does each card have a set amount of marks that has to be reached? E.g. 20 ticks for classes for first belt, 30 for 2nd belt, 40 for 3rd belt, then 50 for each belt after that.

No, he just marks the date for each class attended, but I like the idea you came up with.

~Angry~

That is a good idea, indeed. I will have to keep that in mind.

At my school, the instructor has a computer system that you slide a card by, which registers your attendence. He can probably look back to see how many classes we attend in a month as well.

That's a great idea! Especially for working with large groups and with kids. Our club is small and college kids, so we just kind of take note if someone hasn't been in a while.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

It does work well. Even the gym members have to have an access card. That way, when they try to buzz in, and haven't payed dues, they get a weird "access denied" buzz. Time to write the check! :P