• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Class attendance

We actually just got this new-fangled computer card-scanning system that tallies how frequently your students come, and when. It's totally rad.

Sounds like ours. When I scan my card, my picture comes up on the screen, and tells how many visits I have had for the month, and total for the year. But mostly, I like the picture :lol: .

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA. Our has a picture on the profile, but doesn't show it when they sign in. It just displays their name and any message we want to. It will also sing Happy Birthday to them if they sign in within a few days of their BDay

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

HAHAHA. Our has a picture on the profile, but doesn't show it when they sign in. It just displays their name and any message we want to. It will also sing Happy Birthday to them if they sign in within a few days of their BDay

That is sooooooooooo awesome.

I don't get my picture...it's sad. My guess is because by the time everything's set up, I'll be gone (I leave for school in a month). Either that, or he just assumes I'll be there, since I teach for like 20 hours a week, and I never miss a class.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

We are going to get a scanner and issue member cards later next year... Sensei is finalising the business with the company...

Hopefully, we'll get a chart with absences, attendances etc along with our age, DOB and a picture... (A picture... hmmm; I only have one left, and it isn't a good one! :o :lol:)

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

that happy birthday thing is so annoying. it will get old very quickly.

Now you use head for something other than target.

I take attendance manually and keep copys of them. There is also a sign up sheet and copies are saved of that too. So we really take attendance two ways :)

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

What type of computer program is it that you are using? It sounds cool.

there are lots of them around. do a google search for "dojo software"

Now you use head for something other than target.

I did a lot of research on these. If you do a search on this forum, you will find my thread "Dojo Administration Software" (or something like that). As far as value for money, I went with Martial Arts Organizer. I think I made the right choice! Check it out... www. martialartsorganizer.com

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.