Class attendance

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most places would have atleast a book something similar to the old roll book at school. my club now uses a software package to maintain this kind of info

Now you use head for something other than target.

This is essential when running a club. Besides being able to track trends in student attendance (or lack there of), it's essential incase you get taken to court for a liability claim!!

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

most places would have atleast a book something similar to the old roll book at school. my club now uses a software package to maintain this kind of info

As Zorbasan said, we used to use a book, but we have now gone to a computer system. When the students come in, we scan their membership card. I can then automatically, who's training when, see what classes are popular etc and it can also assist with lesson planning. :karate:

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

We haven't before but have always had problems with retention. We just added that you have to attend 15% of classes in order to test for the next level, that is not the only requirement but if they are ready but have missed too many classes due to unexplained reasons, no test. We are now keeping roll as well.

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

We have a weekly register, with all the students names on, and I tick them off once the lesson starts. I do it myself because a) students forget and b) it prevents friends ticking off their mates to make it seem like they've done more lessons.

I keep all copies of my attendance sheets, both in electronic form and paper form. That way there can be no arguments about how many lessons have been attended, and also in the unusual situation that someone gives karate class as an alibi I can check whether they were actually there or not.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

We use a register, and our Sensei uploads the data onto our accounts (all very high tech.) so we can see what days we were in etc... Sensei keeps and electronic copy as well as a paper copy...

Very simple...

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

I have a great system of checkig in with envelopes and a sign in sheet. Both serve as a double check against each other. I also have my secretary give me a head count midway thru class to make sure everyone is paying and everyone is getting credit for their training.

place clever martial arts phrase here

We actually just got this new-fangled computer card-scanning system that tallies how frequently your students come, and when. It's totally rad.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker