• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The disadvantage of your MA

ok, everyone's saying "every MA has their advantages and disadvantages". so let's make a list of what we basically don't like or want to see more in the MA we're training. please, no bashing an MA you've never personally experienced, but debate on your own style is fine.

cheers. :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
My biggest gripe about KSW is that I can't start practicing weapons until I am brown-black belt. I understand the philosophy behind the restriction, but I don't totally agree with it.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

My instructor (TKD) let me compete in the school tournament as a white belt because of my previous MA experience. In the first round fighting a brown belt, I trapped his leg and punched him when he tried a roundhouse kick. Well apparently this is against the rules! :kaioken: And so many things are as well: No leg sweeps, no pushing, grabbing, holding, no elbows, no knees, no knifehand strikes to the throat, no pummeling the groin, no eye gouges, no pulling out hidden weapons, no blinding powder, you can't even grab somebody's head and snap their neck! But that's OK because I've learned those things already in other styles and besides it's challenging to fight with restrictions because it makes me focus on timing and footwork. Hell, I don't even have to block much anymore. :grin:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

Kickboxing - no grappling

BJJ - no striking, no weapons.

That's why I crosstrain.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Mauy thai -no ground work

Vale Tudo - to be honest it incorperates evrything you want it to so the only down side is there is not real structure, but then again is this a bad thing?

"perfection, is something we all get closer too with training, but you will never get there and untill you accept this your mind will be limited in what you can achive"

- Dave