• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A little worried about Morihei Ueshiba and ki altogether...

you probably use ki yourself. you don't think of it as ki because its nothing special or amazing to you. most MA teach ki manipulation of some kind; breathing, focus, posture, kiai etc, are all part of it. some people are just very good at using ki, to the extent that others go 'wow dude' and the guy says 'yeah that was awesome ki powers'. then all sorts of stories and legends arise. its nothing out of this world, some people are just very good with it.

Like knocking over a 6'2" 200 pound guy yesterday in my demo by placing my fingertips on a bag he was holding, and then closing my hand into a fist?

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never seen that one before! how does that work?

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

ah...but what's the bag for? :-?

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

ah, i get it. yeah, that would be an example of what i'm talking about.

• 2 months later...

Ki is what the Japanese call the *life energy* it has nothing to do with spirits and stuff like that. there have been experiments about ki or bioenergy at major U.S. universities. Now Morihei is another story .... he was a very spiritual person in his country (like a saint) and there are lots of stories about him and i've heard he wouldn't heart a fly.

• 3 weeks later...

God doesnt give people Ki ?

Duality is pretty cool and comfortable for people, whoever, in this instance you cant say that "Ki" is "from Satan" because it comes forth from correct body posture and correct body mechanics.

I am a Catholic, and I can honestly say, Ki doesnt have to do anything with my religious beliefs. If it would influence my religious beliefs I would say that Ki is a form or manifestation of God in us.

Remember that while God gives everyoine diverse faculties and they should all be used for "good" instead of "Evil", however "Evil" still happens because PEOPLE choose to make it so.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty