• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kata video (me!)

parkerlineage

As I understand it, they call it the long form because it's part of a longer form and contains many of the techniques that are learned in class... well at least that's what I remember....

So close. It's called Long Form because it's an extension of Short Form 3. More techniques, further in depth on previously established techniques, and on both sides. And yes, it's compiled of techniques learned in class, and then some grab escapes.

It's amazing the differences between our two styles of Kenpo. Both (I am assuming yours is as well) of our systems being only once removed from Ed Parker, the separation between their evolutionary paths is stunning. I will have to get myself performing the IKCA Master Form on video (well, uploaded, anyway) for you to see and compare.

Really? What kind of Kenpo do you do? Tracy? I've heard the phrase Master Form before, and wondered what it was.

Though, I'm just a brrown belt, so you'd have to excuse the overall quality!

NO EXCUSE!! :D

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it earlier today, the first thing that came to mind was how fluid it was. not choppy or or stiff, I'm of course not familiar with the form but it was impressive.

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

Thank you - that's how it's supposed to be. This kata has been very good to me - I have several pretty trophies I won with it, and I actually got a compliment on my form in my black belt test.

Me like kata. :D

Ed Parker

I'm thinking of making another video where I demonstrate each technique in the kata individually, in the air, and on a body (a live body :roll: ).

Should I?

Ed Parker

if you're willing to, that would be great.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

I'm thinking of making another video where I demonstrate each technique in the kata individually, in the air, and on a body (a live body :roll: ).

Should I?

Would that be like Bunkai applications? I am interested in seeing it!

Should I?

That would be great! is there another name of the kata other than Long Form 3? I am not familiar with the style and I do not know. Thanks

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt