Too late to start?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I shouldnt have been worried about being too old. Turns out I was the youngest 'new' adult in the class. And a 5th Dan instructor told me he didnt start until he was 25.

I had a great time at the class and can't wait to learn more.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

You're never too old to start training in MA. I started TKD in May of this year and I'm 28, but it wasn't too hard for me because I trained in Shotokan until about 3 years ago. We did have a lady start training with us a few months back. She is 46 and is doing awesome. She even got 1st place at the last tournament.

I started at 34. I'm 37 now, and just got my brown belt. I enjoy every minute of it. I've always kept fit through running, cycling and swimming, so didn't find fitness a problem. The main issue is flexibility - have to do a lot of stretching to compensate for my age. And I'll never be as fast as a teenager. But MA is a great thing to do at any age.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

You are always learning... No matter what your age, you are still learning...

You're not too old to start up MA... most of the poeople in my class are over 35! :o I'd say you're young enough to begin! :lol: :)

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

I was 35 when I started TKD, and between 35 and 40 I learned to snow ski and scuba dive!!! That was six years ago and still going strong, my next adventure will be to skydive, can't wait and can't convince my hubby to do it with me :o

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

you're never too old. i once taught an 80 year old woman who stuck in there and made it through to her black belt. took a bit longer, but she stuck in there and was really good at what she did.

"On Ko Chi Shin"