Too late to start?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suprisingly she was in incredible shape. she had a hip replacement, so we had to be careful with throws or anytime she may hit the ground hard, but other than that, she was able to do everything all of our other students were. She is still training now at almost 90

"On Ko Chi Shin"

Me? Well... when I was 6. But since I couldn't help otherwise, I do have an inspirational story. One of the books that we had to do for summer reading this summer is called "life is so good". It's about a man who was 98 when he learned to read. I know, it has nothing to do with martial arts, but if you look at it metaphorically, it helps. He was born in the late 1890's, and was black, so he kept being discriminated against, working for very little on farms, and such. Yet when he was 101, he was a prodigious reader, and inspired many other people to go back to school.

And besides, 27 is still young, as I see it. One person in my dojo just started, and they're 35. Another person is 50 or so, and counting back from where he is now, I would say that he started around 44.