• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm starting jujitsu!!

I found an academy just a few minutes away from the college to which I am going!! I e-mailed the instructor, and googled him, and checked out his lineage...and he looks good!

I'm so thrilled - I've been trying to find a good jujitsu academy forever!

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

parkerlineage, first off congrats on finding a new school! Second, is you kenpo school (Ed"s) located in either pasadena or burbank? And third, wheres your new ju jutsu school loacted?

My style was made by Chuck Norris, it's called:

Chuck-will-make-you-cluck-do

nice, i'm guessing you mean JJJ. is it any particular ryu? what sort of training to they do? sparring?

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Yes, as I recall you've been hunting for one for a while now. Keep us posted. :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

What a great opportunity for you. I think I might be a little jealous :-? Wish there was a BJJ near us. Have a great journey!

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

nice, i'm guessing you mean JJJ. is it any particular ryu? what sort of training to they do? sparring?

Yes, JJJ - Danzan-Ryu, which is cool, because Ed Parker's lineage traces back through Okazaki. I don't know exactly what they do, but their classes are two hours long, so I'm guessing I'll get to learn a lot.

Second, is you kenpo school (Ed"s) located in either pasadena or burbank? And third, wheres your new ju jutsu school loacted?

I wish I trained in Pasadena (though I have trained with Master Trejo, who I believe operates the Pasadena school)! No, my current Kenpo school is in Redding, CA, and my new ju jitsu school is in Calistoga, CA, where I'll be moving for college.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Yes, JJJ - Danzan-Ryu, which is cool, because Ed Parker's lineage traces back through Okazaki. I don't know exactly what they do, but their classes are two hours long, so I'm guessing I'll get to learn a lot.

sweet, danzan is very comprehensive system with lots of influences. i believe its got bits of kung fu and even wrestling in it. good luck!

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana