• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Right now Ihave a black belt in tae kwon do, and Iwant to keep training in that until I get my second degree. After that I want to join another style at the same time. I am wondering if you think ju-jitsu would be a good style. :cool:

Hit first, hit hard, hit fast!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Totally. Any style which interests you is good. Just as long as they don't say that other styles are bad and don't allow people to expand. Those are bad teachers. Get a teacher who has credit and lets you explore your own ideas.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

E wing you're at the stage of your martial arts career I will be in in 5 years... when I get my black belt in Tae Kwon Do I hope to stop training in it, and start in Brazillian Jiu Jutsu and Capoeria... I have it all planned out heh :razz:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Yes yes yes!!! This is what i have been trying to say to TKD practitioners! You're afighting style would be so well rounded that you'd be very formidable. Awesome kicks and lock to boot!

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• 4 weeks later...

HapKiDo is an ecellent art to start up in especially if u haven't done anything before. But my HapKiDo dojang was leaning towards the kickboxing side of things more than using TKD kicks etc...

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• 2 weeks later...

combat hapkido has all the things needed, like grappling, ground work, throws, hard strikes,deflecting, evading, joint manipulation, sweeps, pressure points and similar kicking used in tkd.....it uses a circular concept as opposed to the linear one and is most useful outside the dojang. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

I don't think there is any point waiting to cross train. If you can handle a lot of punishment by doing lots of martial arts by all means go for it.

I'm training in goju karate, shotokan karate, and wing chun kung fu and yes I can't wait for december to drop goju because that's a little too much.

I am waiting before I start crosstraining though, I would like to be reasnobly proficient at my kicks so I can mainly focus on the grappling, doing both at once especially in my soon to be busy schedule would be less efficient in the long run.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com