• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Convincing the wife.

Be honest with her. Tell her that you have this renewed passion and that you're afraid you won't be able to fulfill if you leave it too late. Sympathise about the money, but insist that this is really important to you. If she loves you, I'm sure she'll see the light.

If she doesn't, there is one saying I ALWAYS use.

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission"

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you henpecked? Oh no...

I can't understand people who try to block other people's hobbies regardless of the money issue. If you're prevented from doing something that you want badly, it will have repercussions later one. Stand your ground and take her along even if she will only be willing to be a spectator.

Ask her if she'd prefer a housebound overweight couch potato whose only skill of manoevre would be to press the remote buttons.

Come on tiger!!!

(My current test question on dates is telling a man that I do martial arts. If they laugh, I know that they are too conservative and don't believe in the idea of a strong woman. Time to ditch them. Problem is, so far EVERY guy I've ever told has laughed their socks off when I tell them I do martial arts. What is going wrong with this world??? :-? It's 2006!!!!!)

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*

lol, I would find a potential girlfriend who did martial arts to be a good thing! Problem being.. my view is slightly biased, having done martial arts myself.

When people find out I do martial arts the next question that follows is either

-reckon you could take me on then?

or

-do you know how to kill people?

I find that a lot of people can be very ignorant about the whole thing.

The best armour is to keep out of range.

I can't understand people who try to block other people's hobbies regardless of the money issue. If you're prevented from doing something that you want badly, it will have repercussions later one. Stand your ground and take her along even if she will only be willing to be a spectator.

Ask her if she'd prefer a housebound overweight couch potato whose only skill of manoevre would be to press the remote buttons.

Come on tiger!!!

(My current test question on dates is telling a man that I do martial arts. If they laugh, I know that they are too conservative and don't believe in the idea of a strong woman. Time to ditch them. Problem is, so far EVERY guy I've ever told has laughed their socks off when I tell them I do martial arts. What is going wrong with this world??? :-? It's 2006!!!!!)

I met my wife at the dojang. Lucky me!

I can't understand people who try to block other people's hobbies regardless of the money issue.

i think the money issue is a legitimate one. I would seriously love to take up Ten Pin Bowling seriously again also, but i need approximately $1,000 worth of new equipment (minimum) plus it would be approx 25 - 50 dollars a week depending on how much i do.

i know for a fact that we can not afford it regardless of how passionate i am.

another thing i would love to do is get a pilots license, and get a boat, and a motorbike etc etc.

see the point. no point arguing about it if it means that by doing your passionate hobby you wont be able to have the bills paid.

Now you use head for something other than target.

Good point. If it's money, it needs further discussion, if it's time, I guess it does too.

Remember, there needs to always be a balance. Personal Time, Martial Arts Time, Money etc etc etc

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

I have discussed it with her. We have agreed that she is not interested in TKD, but she does want to get in shape. I am enrolling back into TKD and she is going to start a gym membership with her sister. The money is there, she just has to find a new job before her time runs out. She is still working at the moment. My goal is to open a school where I live.. mainly because our current school won't last forever. He's getting up in age, and I want to continue to provide some sort of martial arts here even when he cannot any longer.

"Fear does not exist in this dojo does it?"

If he is getting older and looking to retire, perhaps you can offer to buy his school. that way you already have a student base.

starting a new school is never an easy thing to do.

Remember, there needs to always be a balance.

Nature rule daniel-san, not mine :D