• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Real Self Defence Stories

I want to ask people to share some of their stories of real life self defence situations where you were actually attacked by someone or multple people.

Describe what happened? Where did it take place? What was your attacker like? (ie. size and height), What did you do to defend yourself? Were there weapons involved? even include a story that happened to a friend, etc.

I'm more interested in scenarios where physical conflict actually took place, so please don't write stories about how you had an argument with a lady at the supermarket... you get what i mean

Over time, I wish to build up a bank of real stories which can serve as insights to us all.

Unfortunately I don't have a significant life threatening situation to tell (or I should say fortunate). So thanks in advance.

Cheers

Most people’s compassion and kindness are bounded by threats of their interest.

People respond to irritancies will dire actions and speech, which is magnified by grudge, competitiveness and fear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was 19 when i had my last fight. i was walking home with a friend, and we ran into what was a gang i guess of youths probably two or three years younger than us. we were walking down this road that is hardly used and there's these guys walking towards us, i don't know exactly how many, probably about five or six. they were sort of line abreast across the whole road so me and my friend had no choice but to just keep walking towards them. they were shouting and stuff, i think they were at least slightly drunk. anyway we were just about to pass them when one of them moves across so he's directly in front of me. i didn't change direction and we walked straight into eachother. he was shorter than me, and i tried to force my way past him. he grabbed my shoulders, so i grabbed him around the back of the neck and was about to knee him in the groin, but then thought i better not because of the other guys in their group. i said sorry and let go of him. then me and my friend carried on walking, and the the other group went the other way.

now it gets interesting. after we had walked away about 50 yards, a bottle smashes just in front of me. my friend said we should make a run for it, but i told him to stay. i turned around and another bottle lands near us. they're walking towards us again. i thought screw it and shouted 'come on then' to the group. this actually seemed to put them off a bit. when they were quite close up, one of them walked up to me. at this point, my adrenaline levels were absolutely mental and i felt like i was about to explode. anyway this guy asks me if i want to fight him. i punched him across the jaw and he fell. i'm pretty sure i knocked him out. a few of the others started to move towards me, but i picked up half a broken bottle and threatened to kill them all. they were kids really; probably about 16. anyway they all backed off.

i don't like the way i handled the situation; i'm sure i could have gotten out of it without anyone getting hurt, but that's what i was like back then. also it may seem pretty harsh considering they were pretty young, but they were certainly capable of doing me and my friend harm, especially since they were carrying bottles.

i've had a two other serious fights, but i'm ashamed to say that i can hardly call them self defence situations and i won't describe them here.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

I drove my palm into the jaw of a gorilla at a party not too long ago. Before that I was jumped outside a metal show by 2 emo kids for telling their friend something I can't repeat lol. One of them charged at me and tried to shoot for my stomach, I pakked his head and stepped back and to the side, but he got an arm around my leg and took me on my knees, I hooked him in the face twice then dropped an elbow on the back of his head, pushed him off to the side and got kicked in the mouth by the other one, he got another kick in and I darted for his legs, got him down to the ground, mounted his chest and pounded his face until he stopped resisting.

I lost a tooth in that one and got some nice cheek damage from the kick. I knocked them both out cold and left as quick as possible. Fights ain't pretty...

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

I really haven't fought much. My senior year in high school, I had some problems with an underclassman. He followed me one day after school until we got off school property, and he shoved me. We started circling, and he hit me a few times in the face. I was so angry, but I couldn't bring myself to go after him. The adrenaline was through me, but I never did like the feeling of it. I like to think I have gotten better with that feeling over the past few years.

Here's the funny thing. Even though he hit me a few times, I never felt it. Nothing at the time, and nothing afterwards. No bruises, no pain, nothing. It was wierd, because I don't think I really have a high pain tolerance level. Maybe the adrenaline was doing something for me.

I really haven't fought much. My senior year in high school, I had some problems with an underclassman. He followed me one day after school until we got off school property, and he shoved me. We started circling, and he hit me a few times in the face. I was so angry, but I couldn't bring myself to go after him. The adrenaline was through me, but I never did like the feeling of it. I like to think I have gotten better with that feeling over the past few years.

Here's the funny thing. Even though he hit me a few times, I never felt it. Nothing at the time, and nothing afterwards. No bruises, no pain, nothing. It was wierd, because I don't think I really have a high pain tolerance level. Maybe the adrenaline was doing something for me.

I know what you mean about the feeling it thing. The last time I was in a fight was in 6th grade! That was a very long time ago. The thing I remember most was that the kid was on top of me and I was just wresteling around with him. I was wresteling for several seconds before I realized he was punching me. Then I punched him and rolled him off of me. I remember us standing up and clinching by some monkey bars and me thinking about (and refraining from) slamming his head into the monkey bars and poking his eyse. Not really a self defense situation, just two 11 year olds just being kids. Neither of us were hurt or anything.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

So how did the fight end?

Most people’s compassion and kindness are bounded by threats of their interest.

People respond to irritancies will dire actions and speech, which is magnified by grudge, competitiveness and fear.

So how did the fight end?

Ended up walking away.

Last time I had a spot of bother must have been about a year ago now, so I was 15 years old. I was on my bike outside a friends house and chatting with them and two lads came along the street on thei bikes. They passed me without a word, but after they got a little way down the street they throw thei bikes to the ground and come towards us, shouting and swearing. I guess they wanted to take my bike or something or they wouldn't have come over. I told my friends to go into the house and tell their mom (they were both girls) so they went inside. The first guy came towrds me so I took the initiative and kicked him in the stomach. Dropped him easy enough. However the other guy pulled out a knife. Luckily for me, the girls' mom came out then and said she had called the police. So they both got up and left pretty much straight away.

As far as physical size goes, I'm a fairly big guy and the two that started the fight weren't so broad. Although aggression should always be avoided, I believe I handled the situation reasonably well, but if it wasn't for the girls' mom calling the police things could have been very bad.

The best armour is to keep out of range.

My last fight was in 5th grade. There was this new kid who decided that he should pick on the little dweeb (I was a little guy, and a complete nerd), so he persisted for weeks and weeks,a nd I let him do whatever he wanted to, verbally, and I even let him push me and hit me without doing anything.

Finally, one day at recess, he grabbed me in a headlock, and I dropped my weight and hammerfisted him in the groin, pulled his arm off my head, armbarred him down to one knee, and then roundhouse kicked him in the face.

We were good friends, after that. :D

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

On my myspace page, I blog about incidents that I am in on my night job (bouncer). The biggest I've been invloved in was a huge brawl involving over 20 people. as recently as three weeks ago, I got into it with three guys. Both of these are talked about in my myspace blog.

https://www.myspace.com/muaythaiboxer