• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello, anyone give me a hand finding an instructor??

affligo

I don't know if Glen Keeney is in your area or not. He's the guy who taught Karate to Bill Wallace. I'm not sure what system he teaches though.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Let me know where exactly you are in Indiana and I will try to recomend someone close. I am very familar with the area. As far as the Shorinkan group there I know Renshi's Ward and Michael and Kyoshi Bethea. All three are top grade instructors, karate-ka adn people. If you are close to any of these 3 go there.

PS1,

Mr. Keeney teaches Goju Ryu. He was only one of Bill Wallace's instructors but a great instructor at that.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

Don't forget Uechi-Ryu! Lot's of pressure point work.

Yeah it's in that list... :)

Actually Shohei-Ryu and Uechi-Ryu are slightly different. Not enough for someone starting out but enough for someone who's been around awhile and trying to avoid the politics. For those that care, the name difference was due to a split in the 1990's when Kanei Uechi died. Several senior student's left and broke off. Since then, the only real differences are some minor training methods, and some extra bunkai if I'm not mistaken.

Let me know where exactly you are in Indiana and I will try to recomend someone close. I am very familar with the area. As far as the Shorinkan group there I know Renshi's Ward and Michael and Kyoshi Bethea. All three are top grade instructors, karate-ka adn people. If you are close to any of these 3 go there.

PS1,

Mr. Keeney teaches Goju Ryu. He was only one of Bill Wallace's instructors but a great instructor at that.

Yeah, Wallace has trained with a bunch of different people but I think Goju was the first art Wallace got his shodan in, wasn't it?

PS1,

Yeah, Wallace has trained with a bunch of different people but I think Goju was the first art Wallace got his shodan in, wasn't it?

My understanding was Mr. Keeney and Mr. Wallace were jsut training partners not student / teacher. I could be wrong though.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do