• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forums.

Is Shotokan Jutsu the same as just Shotokan?

That it is..we primary focus on breaking everything down understanding the bunkai of our movements. Including pressure point application. And especially kata. We actually study applications for our katas.

With Eddie, our Sensei, if you don't quiet understand a block or some applicaion. He'll break it down and explain what is happening. How and why.

We are a very traditonal school. The only high dollar piece of trainning equipment is a verse-flex machine and a heavy bag Bob. To earn your belt first you have to memorize you kata, then demostrate you know your stances, punches, kicks and blocks. Then demostrate pressure point application.

Sorry to keep going on..I just love my style. Over the pas few months I really been getting into it.

Happy training

David

"No matter how you may excel in the art of Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

Welcome to KF! :karate:

Certainly happy to help. Just drop some specific questions in and we'll see how we go.

I have a question for you to start with though...

What's the difference between Shotokan and Shotokan-Jutsu?

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Welcome to KF! :karate:

Certainly happy to help. Just drop some specific questions in and we'll see how we go.

I have a question for you to start with though...

What's the difference between Shotokan and Shotokan-Jutsu?

Hey Jiffy sorry it took time to get back on your question. It really is the same. We just more down to basic shotokan. Where we focus on technique rather than "just do it cause I said so".

I think I said this in a earlier reply if i did sorry for the double post. We focus on bunkai or the hidden meanings of kata's and applications.

"No matter how you may excel in the art of Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

I grew up in Ocean Springs, Mississippi.

Welcome!

:karate:

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu