• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Call or not

Would you call?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you call?

• I would call
    • I would not call

We send out exit surveys. If the student left because of a "dojo issue" then we would want to see if it is something that we can prevent from happening in the future.

That's a great idea! That do that at my work when someone resigns, and yet I never thought to do it at the Karate club.

Maybe a good idea would be to send out a letter inviting them back, then a couple of months later, if not reply, send out a survey.

What you think of the idea?

Good idea. If we recieve a response to the exit survey, we try to fix the problem. If it was costs issues, we send an invite with a discounted rates. If it was problems with another instructor, student, we remedy the problem and still send an invite with a discounted rate. It hardly ever has to do with other students though.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A phone call sounds like a great idea!

I lapsed in my training for a year or a year and a half or thereabouts and I missed the first couple of months or so because of legitimate reasons and then I started to think that if I went back after so many weeks off they'd all think less of me for missing so many classes, so I started to make excuses every week and the longer I left it, the harder it got to go back. If I'd had a wee call off my instructor, I'd have been right back, I'm sure.

However, where I train isn't really a commercial venture, so it would probably only have worked 'cause I'd have known that my instructor actually cared that I wasn't there and wasn't just missing my payments for classes.

Just my two pence worth :)

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

places such as merit badges has missing you post cards. these post cards have about 20 kids doing a front kick with the words missing you at class on it.

i got a few for free at the Martials Arts Convention in atlantic city last year (jan 6-8,2006).

you can just put their address and your address on the post card and mail it.

the student will see the post card and probably contact you to explain why he\she is not coming or starts up again.

it is easy and not time consuming

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!