• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

loyalty to my Instructor/husband

just love your husband and make sure he loves you back, screw business. Familiy is #1. He and you should mix your opinions and make one rule for both.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for sounding a bit weird, im just a very romantic person...i get fired up about these kinds of things. I don't know maybe it's a disability who knows,.

just love your husband and make sure he loves you back, screw business. Familiy is #1. He and you should mix your opinions and make one rule for both.

Really good advice, two totally different point of views can really work well together when given a chance and no you don't sound weird :karate:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

Is he the head instructor? I really feel that children's classes and adult classes should be seperate, but if the head instructor is making the decisions (husband or not), then it should be followed. Changes will be made if the other adults in the class begin dropping out because they do not enjoy training with children or they actually address the head instructor with requests to have a seperate training for only adults. If you are going for black belt and the head instructor is your husband, in the future, the school can only become stronger if you support each other and not let marriage conflict with business.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Is he the head instructor? I really feel that children's classes and adult classes should be seperate, but if the head instructor is making the decisions (husband or not), then it should be followed.

Yes, he is the head instructor, I think what I have decided is that since he has a full time job and does this on the side (two nights a week) that I will help grow the class and stay within the organization but branch out probably with the kids after a couple of years if not sooner, but stay within the organization, that way everyone is happy :D

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

Nike Ad.

Yep, as previously menioned, that's very similar to what I was thinking of doing. I think this is the best way to do what you want while still keeping everyone happy. Good Decision!!

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

thanks, I am excited because I just found out I will be able to help teach on Tues. and Wed. in addition to training on Mon. and Thurs. We are starting a lil bits class of 5 to 10 yr olds and I am going to help with that. I love teaching kids :D

Nike Ad.

sounds good. hope it all works out!

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana