• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hypothetical weapons tournament, what would you use?

alsey

On a serious note I would choose a long pole or spear. Butterfly swords for close range.

Oooh...I really like that combo!!

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though i'm proficient with a Bo, i'd have to say, if my life depended on it, a shield and shortsword.

Kind of like someone said with the metal pole and knife, i'd use the shield to be hit, then get in close with the shortsword and do some damage.

A New Age Dawns

Even though i'm proficient with a Bo, i'd have to say, if my life depended on it, a shield and shortsword.

Kind of like someone said with the metal pole and knife, i'd use the shield to be hit, then get in close with the shortsword and do some damage.

You make a good point about hitting with the shield. A lot of people don't realize that the shield was just as much a weapon as the sword in the other hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I would use the Kwan Doa or Tiger Fork for long range. Chinese Tiger Forks, if used properly, can effectively disarm an opponent's weapon(s). The Kwan Doa is just... powerful and scary. I would also carry a set of Butterfly Knives with me for short range.

Gong Kiu, Yau Kiu, Bik Kiu, Jik Kiu, Fun Kiu, Ding Kiu, Chieun Kiu, Tai Kiu, Lau Kiu, Wan Kiu, Jai Kiu, Deng Kiu.

• 2 weeks later...

against bo or tonfa... tonfa

against sai or a single short sword ... bo

against dual blades... kama w/chain

against katana... bladed jutte

against a spear... katana

against a spear... katana

Wow, you do better than I do, then. Whenever I fight sword against spear, I find it difficult to defend against the reach and thrust.

shadowstep, grab, pull yourself in, slash.... unfortunately this woudn't work on the likes of a naginata.

edit - or the glaive

I did a bit of sca so in this situation I'd like a shield and a gladius. Parry with the shield, bash it in the opponents face, stabity stabity stabity your way to victory :)

I'd like to say a dagger and kali stick but I'm just not quite good enough with that yet.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare