• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hypothetical weapons tournament, what would you use?

alsey

What about bommy knocker things?? You know, the medievil weapon. A handle which had a chain, then a ball at the end with spikes. Now that's vicious!

a mace or flail. apparently they were pretty awesome for bashing up armored knights. i'd imagine they'd be even harder to control than nunchucks though.

Yeah, I guess it's pretty hard to get out the way when you're wearing the equivalent of a giant tin can on you!

Personally... I wouldn't pick a katana. I'd take the long staff. First because I've used it before so I would have an idea of how to use it, and second because aside from thrown weapons it has the longest range. And it doesn't matter how sharp your sword is if you can't reach me with it!

The best armour is to keep out of range.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd use Miyamoto Musashi :lol:

Seriously though, I would go with a very small knife, maybe a steel baton in the other hand. Primary attack with the knife, and blocking, distance striking wtih the baton. I'll take my chances against any long range weapon. Once swung, the attacker has to commit, that leaves the opening I need.

I'd use Miyamoto Musashi

That's even more cheating than the hand grenade... :D

Edited by parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

I'd use Miyamoto Musashi :lol:

Seriously though, I would go with a very small knife, maybe a steel baton in the other hand. Primary attack with the knife, and blocking, distance striking wtih the baton. I'll take my chances against any long range weapon. Once swung, the attacker has to commit, that leaves the opening I need.

That's a really good point. The rules of physics, particularly leverage dictate that while a longer weapon will have a greater force, it will also take longer to slow down. Thus, if you can evade it, you have more time to get in and attack. Smart thinking 99 :karate:

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

-no projectile weapons (no guns, bows etc).

Dang, that's me out then. I was gonna go with a flamethrower. :P

If I can't have that then I would have to go for a Scimitar.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I'd eat a large plate of broccoli & raisins the night before the competition. There is no defense against it.

On a serious note I would choose a long pole or spear. Butterfly swords for close range.