• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

you can still fight, even without muay thai. Heck, you live in the amateur boxing capital of the world. So you can start competing in something. In the meantime, if you are able to travel, you can attend muay thai seminars somewhere nearby and take what you learn and work it in with your current training. Try to hit at least two seminars a year. It's not the ideal method, but at least you can learn the techniques and have something to work from.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
you can still fight, even without muay thai. Heck, you live in the amateur boxing capital of the world. So you can start competing in something. In the meantime, if you are able to travel, you can attend muay thai seminars somewhere nearby and take what you learn and work it in with your current training. Try to hit at least two seminars a year. It's not the ideal method, but at least you can learn the techniques and have something to work from.

Yeah, I keep hearing that this is the amateur boxing capital, but I still live about 200 miles from the nearest boxing gym. My wife is graduating from college soon, and the who knows? She may find a job, and we may move, and that may open up martial arts doors for me. If I took up boxing or Muay Thai, though, I would be dying for the first 3 months. I am not in super great shape. My regular TKD classes work me over pretty good, and they only last an hour! I am afraid that I am not the epitome of the martial athlete! But, I do have one good quality....I will work my BUTT off!

• 4 months later...

Bushido Man, I am in the same boat as you. Starting a MT/KB class after being a holiday slug. 45 years old. Taking a swing dancing class with my wife the night after KB. Ruh roh!

Along the lines of this thread, I just plain suck at side kicks. No matter how much I stretch and practice, I can't get my hips limber enough to raise my thigh/knee very high. So, my side kicks are low. I like front and back kicks much better. It's just the way my body is constructed.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.