• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Koken

cathal

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've trained this technique, mostly in the uke form, but with a little imagination you can see it used to strike many places you couldn't go with your traditional karate punch. Using it almost like a hook technique (floating ribs, temple) or a rising strike (groin, under the chin).

Gi, Yu, Rei, Jin, Makoto, Melyo, Chugo

I've trained this technique, mostly in the uke form, but with a little imagination you can see it used to strike many places you couldn't go with your traditional karate punch. Using it almost like a hook technique (floating ribs, temple) or a rising strike (groin, under the chin).

Yes, we use it to attack the soft ab sections to the side as well...mostly targeting the spleen.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

This particular block shows up a lot in shudokan karate (we call it a kakete). it's very popular in the more advanced kyoku katas (which are taught only in style).

it also shows up constantly in crane forms (hakku tsuro no ona, hakku tsuru no otoko, hakku cho, hakku cho dai, etc...) used in many different ways, both as a block and strike.

you will also see it the kata tensho, though the finger placement is different.

they do a lot of that in mantis right? i've never really practiced it...to me its like a wrist lock waiting to happen. but i suppose it has its advantages.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana