• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to attract people to join combative martial art club?

i wish i can get advise from here. the combative martial art (chinese kick boxing) club in my school which i join has faced the problem of lack of students, the fees cannot cover the intructor's transport fees. now my intructor is teaching us with losses all the time. i wish the class can continue, it is very difficult for me to find this kind of class. i dont want to lost this opportunity.

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Honesetly what worked for us is a demo. We've also made up fliers of our own. Hats, coats, etc don't so as much, but tables at flea markets and at other sporting events help. As well the instructor could contact other instructors in the area to let him know he's there. It's very similar to advertising for a business I think.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

talk about the club to your friends in public places like the cafeteria.

i'm assuming this is at a college, right?

the demo idea is great! put flyers up all over. people will come to watch, you might get a few people to join.

most people like watching martial arts, but when it comes to actual training - they pass.

ask your instructor where else he teaches, and if it closes, then follow him to the other location. it might cost more, but the experience will be worth it.

good luck. let us know how it turns out.

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

thanks alot :) , thanks for giving me great ideas, i will try my best.

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

i agree with tke010

people enjoy watching martial arts- be it boxing to tkd.

but when they see the training, they dont want to go through any of it.

I started taking kajukenbo with a group of about 8 beginners. currently, after 2 years and a half, I'm the only one who has stayed to train.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

If your instructor is passionate about the sport he will continue to teach. It was my students that kept me going, I had very few competitive fighters at one time, but there progression kept me going, and there success and joy for the class attracted others to come.

Train hard and share your passion with your friends.

If your instructor is passionate about the sport he will continue to teach. It was my students that kept me going, I had very few competitive fighters at one time, but there progression kept me going, and there success and joy for the class attracted others to come.

Train hard and share your passion with your friends.

Agreed. Right now I train with only two other guys. We do full contact sparring every class. Some people come for a few weeks, and realize it's just a bit too much for them. MA isn't for everybody. My Sifu only charges us $80 bucks a month. The only reason he doesn't do it for free is because then EVERYBODY and there mothers comes out but we only have room for about 10 total. We train out of his garage which has well over $20,000 in equipment .

At any rate, if your instructor loves what he does, he'll train no matter what.

-Ray

-Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body.

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.