• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Seisan

armanox

this should be a Kyan version of seisan

this is the first version i learned it from a student of shimabukuru in shobayashi ryu,

Shohan ,

is this the way you do seisan?

armanox,

if you are intrested in this kata ,you may wanna find out when they changed the beginig stances to cat stance in your lineage. i divide the seisan into 3 cat. for begining of the kata

1- Naha-te they move in sanchin dachi

2-shuri-te lineage Hangetsu stance with different depth( from shotokan to wado ryu and ishin-ryu...)

3-shuri-te , squar stance turn to front stance after the block on the punch

(this could be a tomari version like Kyan...)

you guys do cat stance which is new to me but i saw one more KF member who said they use cat stance as well.

anybody can help with some history lesson here?

That is basically the same version of the kata that we practice in Matsumura Seito...I guess because its the Matsumura version haha.

At any rate, our technique's look different, but almost all the same technique's are used there. There is a variation at the end, as we don't have a kick at the end.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be delighted to see the clips. Also, Rick_72, if you could post a clip for your version to be seen as well, it would be apprecicated. I find it interesting how similar the Matsumura Seisan is to the one that I practice.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

Would be delighted to see the clips. Also, Rick_72, if you could post a clip for your version to be seen as well, it would be apprecicated. I find it interesting how similar the Matsumura Seisan is to the one that I practice.

I'll see if I can find a clip of it out there. If not, I'll ask my Sensei if its alright if I have myself filmed doing Seisan and post it.

• 3 months later...

Did you ever get the clip?

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

Here is a beautiful demonstration of Seisan as done within Okinawan GoJu Ryu.

Master Morio Higaonna is amazing to say the least.

Here is a beautiful demonstration of Seisan as done within Okinawan GoJu Ryu.

Master Morio Higaonna is amazing to say the least.

Very nice. That form seems very simple, but effective, too.

• 3 weeks later...

This is how we used to do them in my old Karate system (Seiei Kan)- the style was a little different, but the moves were the same.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu