• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Self-defence

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

On 2002-04-28 16:50, TKD_McGee wrote:

I have personally never heard of Muay Thai until I came to this forum. .. then again im in TKD the most widly practiced martial art in the world.

If you had never heard of mauy thai before this fourm then you must be living in a jam jar, and not very active in the ma world.

I am not sure if tkd is the most practced martial art or not (although i doubt it) but anyway this means nothing of how good it is, at the end of the day thai boxing makes you hard and shows you powerfull technique tkd does not make you hard as you dont do full contact sparing. look for fights between mauy thai fighters and tkd peeople and watch what happens.

Cheers,

Dave

"perfection, is something we all get closer too with training, but you will never get there and untill you accept this your mind will be limited in what you can achive"

- Dave

perhaps I should have checked things out what I ment was the sparing tends to be heavey and with less protection, we also do 5 3 min rounds of sparing each time we go to class, I do like tae-kwondo I just would not chose it for efectiveness in a fight, I like graping to and am trying to become as complete a fight as i can

"perfection, is something we all get closer too with training, but you will never get there and untill you accept this your mind will be limited in what you can achive"

- Dave

I didn't say TKD was good for self defense or full contact.... I just said that I am in it, and it is the most widly practiced martial art in the world.

TLC Martial Arts special said it was the most widly practiced also. I already knew that after watching some of the Olympic events with TKD. There are millions of people in TKD, in just about every country. Even Afghanistan had a TKD school.

Maybe ive heard of Muay Thai, but ive never seen anything about it. Ive just heard of the name and thats about it. I can go watch KickBoxer and say I know all about Muay Thai?

Do unto others, as they done to you.