• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would Bruce Lee be like today?

At 65 years old, what do you think Bruce Lee would be like today? How do you think he would have spent the past 33 years?

Would he have continued as a star, or would he have faded quickly as kung fu movies fell out of favor?

Could he have adapted and continued as an action hero in the 70's and 80's like Chuck Norris?

Would he be hawking "Bowflex" products on informercials and doing hair replacement commercials with Christie Brinkley?

And how would his success have affected other stars of the past 30 years?

What do you think?

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, he would be a little less cocky. A little more wise. Realize he did nothing new. And continue to inspire millions.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

At the age of 65, he would probably be one of the most fits elderly people in the world today. I think he would continue to be an MA icon as well. I feel that he would have continued to make great MA films, and would help to improve them as well.

He probably would be the most sought-after private lessons instructor in the world as well. And, he may have embraced the onset of BJJ, and would have studied and adapted it to what he could do as well.

This is interesting, just came out. His family is going to make a biography about his life.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/entertainment/content/shared-gen/ap/Movies/People_Lee.html

Also, there was a good article about his daughter this month in BlackBelt Mag. She apparently has some big plans brewing, including a museum about her dad.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Wow, that is interesting. The last movie I saw relating to Bruce Lee was Dragon, the Bruce Lee Story. I don't know how accurate it is, but it was an ok movie.

i think he would either have carried on making movies (he'd be awesome as the stereotypical old kung fu master dude) or gone into MMA fighting. but who knows? anyone's life can take all sorts of unexpected turns.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

I find it hard to believe that he would not have commercialized himself more as he grew older. (A lot of the greats have.) I'm not saying he would be 'hawking gear' with infomercials, but perhaps he would have had many small ventures to help pay the bills.

My $0.02

I find it hard to believe that he would not have commercialized himself more as he grew older. (A lot of the greats have.) I'm not saying he would be 'hawking gear' with infomercials, but perhaps he would have had many small ventures to help pay the bills.

My $0.02

He did have other vetures to help pay the bills. He charged about $100 an hour to teach private lessons to some of Hollywood's finest actors. Can you imagine how much he could charge today?

In part, it was Bruce Lee's death that made him so famous. Don't get me wrong, Bruce Lee was a briliant man, but his major fame came after his death. Only speculation can guess if that is because he died shortly after making his best ever film or because his death caused such an uproar in the world and held him immortal in his brilliance.

Bruce himself said that he was scared of growing old because he knew he could not keep what he had obtained. He has been noted of saying that if he died on any certain day, he would not be sad because he had achieved all he wanted to and would be immortalised as he was that day.

To a large degree this is true. Bruce has been maintained as the brilliant man he WAS, whereas those that have lived past him are being remembered for what the ARE. For example, people know Chuck Norris for what he is today, not what he was in his prime.

Just like Chuck, Bruce's physical ability would have decreased. His knowledge on the other hand would increase. His life would have been affected by change and his focus would have changed, just like any other person. Bruce was a pioneer of free thinking and allowing nature to change, so I don't think he would have stayed static and got left behined, I think he would have kept up with modern principles and kept studying.

Today, I think Bruce would be idolised for his knowledge instead of his movies, provided his cocky attitude had disapeared with age. However, if he had lived, I don't think he would ever had achieved the status that he had and still has. Perhaps it's better to remember him for what he was than what he could have been.

The candle that burns for the shortest time, burns the brightest.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.