• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tracys karate

Kazuma

I try not to label a school "McDojo", but I would really check this place out with eyes wide open. Seems like everything has a price! They may be more interested in making a buck than providing hard, effective teaching.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jaymac,

I am planning on checking them out on Aug 2nd but I so have the actual website for the school I will be checking out. On an off subject matter, I really am considering changing my name to Kazuma seems cool to me. What do you think?

http://www.tracyskarate.org/index.htm

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue." -Hagakure

jaymac,

I am planning on checking them out on Aug 2nd but I so have the actual website for the school I will be checking out. On an off subject matter, I really am considering changing my name to Kazuma seems cool to me. What do you think?

http://www.tracyskarate.org/index.htm

That website is much more toned down. Like you could actually find what you are looking for.

I will give my general, mostly non-biased response to questions such as this...(yeah, right)

If you're interested in American systems with roots in Chow and/or Parker, go with Parker's American Kenpo Karate. Tracy's is more business oriented, and tends to be less life-applicable.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

parkerlineage,

I will give my general, mostly non-biased response to questions such as this...(yeah, right)

If you're interested in American systems with roots in Chow and/or Parker, go with Parker's American Kenpo Karate. Tracy's is more business oriented, and tends to be less life-applicable.

I have heard there is allot of feuding between both schools. They both teach the same material so shouldn't they both be just as applicable?

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue." -Hagakure

parkerlineage,

I have heard there is allot of feuding between both schools. They both teach the same material so shouldn't they both be just as applicable?

Sometimes its not the material but the method and depth it is taught.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

The Kenpo School I was interested in does not do sparring. I do not think this is a good thing how are you going to apply what you are learning.

They both teach the same material so shouldn't they both be just as applicable?

Yes, there is a lot of feuding, but no, we don't teach the same material. Essentially the same - possibly. But there are many differences.

Frankly, though, it doesn't matter to me. I would say, if you have the chance, go for it, although the no-sparring worries me a bit.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

For all intents and purposes the 2 systems are exactly the same. Tracys Karate came from an earlier more traditional breakdown of Ed Parker's material.

Ed Parker tore the material apart and separated the 600 or whatever self defenses so they are more modular and flow together better and made it like, what, 130 or something, that flow into each other. That's what is known today as 'American Kempo'.

But it's not really that different. Just more modular.

Therefore, study whatever. You can buy it all on DVD for like $200 for each system.