• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FINAL FU!!!!

I don't really like the show, but I don't really like any reality television. I find the scoring format a tid asinine. Are they seriously adding the total points scored in sparring to both peoples scores? It's like winning the contests is bad...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i saw the show and thought,"i was doing stuff like that wen i was 6"..

and yes the show is made for the general public.not the M.A community.my dad took judo for a while and wen he saw it he laughed at the ridicoulessness of the contestents.

victory goes to the one who has no thought of himself -shinkage school of swordsmanship

This show would impress the general public if it used more of an Enshin/Kyokushin(knockdown karate)format. Most of the competitors have great sportsmanship on the show and are athletic but I don't think much of the fighting ability I'm seeing on the show.

I just watched an episode last night, and thought that it sucked.....althought the light at the end of the tunnel is 25,000 G's....which is far better than any big tournament out on the circut today ;)

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Oh and Ernie Reyes Jr. is actually a really good fighter, he used to be a kick boxer.

yeah, he's really good. when he was younger he had a record for being the youngest person to be judged in adult divisions and was a tkd fighting champ. He got into muay thai later and had 3 fights, if I remember right. Back in the day, his website had a message board, and he would respond to the messages himself, so I talked to him for a bit.

Oh and Ernie Reyes Jr. is actually a really good fighter, he used to be a kick boxer.

yeah, he's really good. when he was younger he had a record for being the youngest person to be judged in adult divisions and was a tkd fighting champ. He got into muay thai later and had 3 fights, if I remember right. Back in the day, his website had a message board, and he would respond to the messages himself, so I talked to him for a bit.

When he demonstrates things on the show, it's pretty clear he uses good form and really knows what he's talking about. What I find sad, is that this week, he had to lecture to the finalist to turn it up and take everything seriousl. I say this as these are all "the best" and they're fighting for $25k. They all say they want to win, but you would think if they really wanted it that bad, then it wouldn't have to be said. And I won't even comment on my questioning the need for him to give instruction to these blackbelts who are finalist. Makes me wonder.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I saw this show for the first time last night, and it made me want to cry a little.

At first, I was very impressed with the speed of the two guys' kicks. Then I realized that it was because they were just tapping each other. Then, somebody got called for hitting in the groin, and then the other guy got called for hitting in the face, and I just started laughing. It's like tag...

And what are they using for scoring? The random number generator?

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker