• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FINAL FU!!!!

I guess if you were to get in a fight with someone who watched Final Fu you'd be underestimated... which is an asset in itself...

*sigh*

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me the "fighting" is way too limited! It's hard to use good technique and create openings when all you have to do to defend is cover up your midsection.

Yeah...it's terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3mjcRVnJV4&search=Final%20Fu

Here's a fight that's on you tube. A guy puts a nice round house kick to the head (very controled too) and gets a warning for it. Just crazy.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

lol! what a joke. and i thought karate kumite was bad.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Yeah, that video was bad. I don't know what they hope to accomplish. I've got kids in class that make more contact than that.

People want to take all of the risk out of everything, eliminating most of the fun. In my opinion, there is no strategy involved in this kind of fighting. I hope these guys aren't being deceived into thinking that they look good.

The thing that really gets to me is one of the promos claimed that those were the 30 best martial artists in America or the world, something to that effect. There are a couple of six year old girls in the junior class before mine that look much better than most of them.

The judge was Ernie Reyes Jr. He must really be hurting for $.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

look this is how i feel, martial arts has been getting a bad reputation from, all those people who try to use fake martial arts/immitate martial arts in a fight and lose badly because they dont know what the heck there doing. and for a good few years since alot of the of the karate kid style movies ended, good martial arts entertainment has been very hard 2 come by because there where many people who thought that it was all fake movie stuff that could not work in reall life. I feel that lately with all of the UFC and K-1 publisity, martial arts has been starting 2 make a comeback, and i feel that a show like final fu is more of a baby step to martial arts entertainment becoming more popular like it use 2 B bake in the late sixtys and seventy's where martial arts movies where king. sure there not nerely as good as we martial artist whould like them to B. but u have to crawl before u can walk. :karate: so i personally imbrace a show like final fu as being a doorway 2 possibilities instead of a insult.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.