• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FINAL FU!!!!

Even after all is said and done, this show will end up getting people off their rear ends and interested again, even for a short while in the Martial Arts. They will go to their nearest dojo and try some classes- see that is not like the show, but probably really love it, as we all do.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very attractive young adults doing martial arts can only be good for the arts as a whole.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

I caught this show. This is the WORST show.

For starters, if you lose the challenge, and lose in sparring, you can come out ahead of everybody who was ahead of you in the challenge.

That makes no sense at all.

Secondly, the sparring is just extremely stupid. Very light contact, no back, no head, in other words, nothing realistic at all.

Thirdly, that guy Ernie Reyes is just such an annoying little guy. I mean, lose the attitude why don't you? You're like 5 feet tall.

Yesterday's show was a little better. Jackson, the Ishian-Ryu (sp?) guy was actually pretty decent. He looked pretty good. The scoring was pretty cheap though. He put his kicks out but IMHO, showed great control. The "hard hits" seemed to be great acting, and I'm willing to bet that folks will be doing it more in the future if they are losing. Anyway, I hope he's one of the finalist, and the next set also has someone (or a group of someones) who are decent.

Yesterday's show was a little better. Jackson, the Ishian-Ryu (sp?) guy was actually pretty decent. He looked pretty good. The scoring was pretty cheap though. He put his kicks out but IMHO, showed great control. The "hard hits" seemed to be great acting, and I'm willing to bet that folks will be doing it more in the future if they are losing. Anyway, I hope he's one of the finalist, and the next set also has someone (or a group of someones) who are decent.

Good acting is a nice way of saying that his sparring partner was a drama queen.

The entire thing is just sickening. I hope they take it off the air soon.

And replace it with what??

Yes, it's not the best scoring, rules, editing, etc.; but at least it is about martial artists. As flawed as it is, it's better than 90% of the other crap on TV these days.

Remember, it's not designed to entertain hard core martial artists; it needs to appeal to the un-initiated masses.

And replace it with what??

Yes, it's not the best scoring, rules, editing, etc.; but at least it is about martial artists. As flawed as it is, it's better than 90% of the other crap on TV these days.

Remember, it's not designed to entertain hard core martial artists; it needs to appeal to the un-initiated masses.

They don't need to replace it with anything. Ultimate Fighter on Spike is way better than this final fu show.

And I'm sick to death of the women on that show making excuses for 'excessive force'. If you run into somebody's kick then it's not excessive force, it's your own lack of control.

I absolutely love this show. It's great to finally see some martial arts on TV.

I mentioned to my wife how the contestants are very respectful even when they lose and are kick off the show. Unlike other shows where everyone wines and gets mad.

Oh yeah, that Gemma is a little hottie!! :brow:

some of the people have myspace accounts. i really don't have a problem with the show, but they really shouldn't the limit the fighting except for the hiiting the face. guess i'm more upset that some people will use the show for face time instead of trying to be the "final fu"

<3