Bowing out

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A break is good. Have a blast! You will return one day to train in a dojo again, but for now- enjoy!

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

You'll have to stay on for sure, or else Sohan will catch you! :D

Oh, I've slowed down a lot since my wife began rationing my internet hours.

8)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Hehehehe RUNS!!! LOL. Just kiddin. I'm not going anywhere. I have too many KF buds. KF is my home. Fear not, my friends :)

Laurie F

Oh, I've slowed down a lot since my wife began rationing my internet hours.

8)

With respect,

Sohan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, it's "official." I met with the manager of my old dojang. I bought out the contract, and had an "exit interview." The new dojang, I just told them that I will be out for a while.

It is kinda sad to leave "officially." But I may return to training one day. I may just break out the old tapes, pop them in the VCR, and train a bit here and there to see if my "itch" returns to go back to training. We'll see.

Laurie F

Ok, it's "official." I met with the manager of my old dojang. I bought out the contract, and had an "exit interview." The new dojang, I just told them that I will be out for a while.

It is kinda sad to leave "officially." But I may return to training one day. I may just break out the old tapes, pop them in the VCR, and train a bit here and there to see if my "itch" returns to go back to training. We'll see.

Playing taps for you. :cry:

I have taken a few breaks myself and I tend to come back to it all the more committed. :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I don't agree with everyone else here. I don't think this is a good idea, But I have stopped chasing after students. I have had a few student' in my life, even black belts, tell me they were gonna take a break. They have never returned. Students that I felt were more dedicated than even myself. I run into them at church or the mall, and it's always the same thing, they wish they never gave it up, and regret quitting. Yet they are embarrased to go back in front of their peers. You have your reasons, but I hope you reconsider.

place clever martial arts phrase here

Hi karatekid1975,

It appears to me that you have been doing MA for some time (by your post count). It's sad to hear that you have decided to leave. I thought I would bring this to your attention though... you're not leaving MA, you're simply choosing not to physically practise it. Over time, MA integrates itself into your life and becomes a way of life. While you may not be practising the physical techniques, I hope the principle that you have learned in your MA continue to guide you and become a rich part of your life... even if you're not aware of them. As for the physical practise, who knows, you may return one day, but if not, that doesn't matter. It's all part of the natural circle of life that we must respect. All good things come to an end.

The only constant, is change.

Good Luck!

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.