• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bowing out

Hiya all.

This may be a shock to some folks, but I have decided to bow out of MA. It's been a long time coming. I havn't trained that much since febuary (15 classes at most). The new dojang was/is nice. They train like I want, but I just lost the passion for MA. Finding this new dojang was an attept to get that back, but it didn't work. I think the best thing is to let it go. Maybe someday the passion will return. But, for now, I'll just cheer on my other half who is still in it.

I'll still be around on KF to visit my KF buds, though.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to see anyone leave the ma.But you know what's best for you.I don't think anyone shoud do something they aren't happy doing.Iwish you luck in life after the ma's.Hopfully you'll find that burning desire again someday.

KK, good luck in your journey. MA will be there if and when you ever want to return.

I remember a time when the same thing happened to me. It was when I graduated from college and life just started to happen. It didn't return until my son expressed an interest in MA (15 years after I bowed out). Well 4 years later and I am going strong. The funny thing about my return is that even after such a long layoff, I returned to form in about 6-8 months of serious training.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Thanks guys. I hope if I do come back it returns that quick, Red J. I just feel like I'm blowing everything (technique-wise) that I worked for. But it seems too much like work now, instead of fun. So, this may be the best for now.

Laurie F

Good luck to you. Hopefully, you will find that you do want to return to it someday. And, if anything, you could always do it once a week, or once every two, or something. And, if you get bored at home, you can always practice forms!

Hope to keep seeing you here. :karate:

Good luck, and may your journey go well wherever you wish.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker