• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I ever saw of dim mak was in Bloodsport. :)

I actually know Frank Dux and no I'm not a believer in his Dim Mak. I had one of his black belts once tell me that he was only one of 2 people that learned the dim mak from Dux. I couldn't believe he said that to me with a straight face. Weird thing is this guy that told me that is actually a good kyokushin competitor and muay thai fighter. He fought Kongnapa in a close fight once. Kongnapa is a former lumpini champion from thailand, too.

yea its not just a death touch but a healing touch

You sure? :-? I never heard of that before... Translated it literally means "Death Touch"...

All it is about is focusing your Qi into some sort of form (like a Ball of Energy etc) and then "transfer" that ball/energy over to a pressure point (and depending on how sensitive the points are, determines the end result...) == That is what Dim Mak is....

*goes away and looks it up on the interent* :D

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

• 2 weeks later...

My Question is...How could a master train for it and what would he pratice on on to see if it really works...Sure u can have knowledge and know where points to strike or hit are but to see it put to use is another story,

maybe some one can answer that for me its always been a question ive often wondered.

My Question is...How could a master train for it and what would he pratice on on to see if it really works...Sure u can have knowledge and know where points to strike or hit are but to see it put to use is another story,

maybe some one can answer that for me its always been a question ive often wondered.

I was thinking the same thing. How would you prefect your skill. Knowing the procedure perhaps is the only option.

As for Dim Mak, I would like to add to the legend...anyone could kill with such a touch but there were supposedly those who could apply the technique and time the death...a day...week...month later.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

You sure? :-? I never heard of that before... Translated it literally means "Death Touch"...

All it is about is focusing your Qi into some sort of form (like a Ball of Energy etc) and then "transfer" that ball/energy over to a pressure point (and depending on how sensitive the points are, determines the end result...) == That is what Dim Mak is....

pressure points can be used to heal - but no, that's not dim mak. consider them yin and yang - there is the ability to heal and there is dim mak. if you know one, you should learn the other. But IMO, dim mak is garbage when it comes to fighting. you won't be able to apply it. now, for demonstration purposes, it would be great, but not much more. You're not going to kill anybody using dim mak.

Sure u can have knowledge and know where points to strike or hit are

Not only that, but the right time of day. during certain times of the day, qi flow is stronger in some meridians than others. So you have to be aware enough to know where to strike in conjunction with the time of day in order to achieve the desired result. Like I said, I wouldn't worry about dim mak in combat.

pressure points can be used to heal - but no, that's not dim mak. consider them yin and yang - there is the ability to heal and there is dim mak. if you know one, you should learn the other. But IMO, dim mak is garbage when it comes to fighting. you won't be able to apply it. now, for demonstration purposes, it would be great, but not much more. You're not going to kill anybody using dim mak.

They're one and the same. Just like Yin and Yang cannot be separated, so is this. I'm just guessing, but I would assume that the same techniques from dim mak could be used to heal. It depends on the intent, the amount, the force, the direction, the type...if one is sick some techniques from dim mak may be used cautiously and in little amounts to heal, however if used on a healthy person it would cause sickness and/or death.

Think of it this way. If you water a plant when the soil is dry, the plant will soak up nutrients and be healthy. If you water a plant who was out in the storm the night previous, the soil and nutrients will wash away, and the plant will die.

It's all a matter of which, when.

Work Hard, Play Hard, Live Hard,

but Love Softly, and with all your Heart,

For Time waits for no one,

and Life goes hand-in-hand.

~Max