• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dim mak?

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue." -Hagakure

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dim_mak

don't you just love wiki?

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

It does stand for death touch but be warned that if any one says they teach it then they are most probably fakes.

Traditionally these skills are not advertised e.g. "come and learn the death touch in two months in my school of ....." Or "I know the death touch and teach it in my school", etc.etc.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

It does stand for death touch but be warned that if any one says they teach it then they are most probably fakes. Traditionally these skills are not advertised e.g. "come and learn the death touch in two months in my school of ....." Or "I know the death touch and teach it in my school", etc.etc.

:lol: very good.

Dim mak exsists however it's not a short cut to kung fu mastery. A Sifu won't even bring the topic up until you have put the time in to learn your chosen style.

don't you just love wiki?

Actually I do I just wanted more info than it could provide which is not much.

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue." -Hagakure

There is an old fable that is still used in Japan about Dim Mak;

"An old man, of around 85 lived in the outskirts of the village... Everyday he would travel through the village to see his daughter; however, he would have to pass the verbal abuse from the local shopkeeper.

One day, he passed the shop, and tripped accidentily over a stone. The shopkeeper came out and started to hurt the old man. The old man defended himself well, being a student of a presteigous (sp?) Karate school. Once the shopkeeper stopped attacking the old man, he asked;

"Why do you attack me and verbal abuse me?"

And the Shopkeeper replied by; "You're old... You should die soon."

The old man thought about the reply, and said to the shopkeeper, who turned his back onto him;

"Anyone dies at anytime..."

And; with his palm, lighlty hit the shopkeeper on the back... Within seconds, he fell dead..."

(That took me five times to edit it! :o) The moral of the story there is that; there is such thing as Dim Mak, however, you have gotta be trained...

The chinese believed that is you focused your Qi you could stirke a pressure point (it always comes down those, ironic...) with little effort (still focusing your qi) and in turn would potenitally kill that person... However, it has not been proven.

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

When you feel the power of real masters it isn't so surprising that they can hurt you irrespective of where they hit you.

Silence is the true friend who never betrays - Tai Chi Proverb