• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey!

Daniel6

Hi, my name is Daniel and im 14...

I started Martial Arts when i was 8/9 years old and have been hooked ever since....I have been doing Shotokai the longest (Shotokai is like shotokan but the main stance is different) and have reached to a junior 2nd dan Black belt...I started just over a year ago another martial art, Tang su do Karate and im currenttly at the 2nd belt with 1 tag.

The main thing im trying to learn is the flips now.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey there Daniel! :wave:

2nd Dan Junior Black in Shotokai... Impressive! I do Shotokan, so our views should be interesting about stances etc... I'm currently Brown Belt in the Adult syllabus (I too got 2nd Dan Black Junior when I was 12yrs... Been doing Shotokan for over 10 yrs! :o)

Glad to have you here! We're a friendly bunch and don't bite! :D

Shui Tora

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Yeah, i got my black belt when i was 12 and my 2nd dan when i was 13...I belive the only differance is that the main stance in shotokan is zenkutes and in shotokai its thuadatch ( i have no idea how to spell them both lol) I find Tang su do to be more competitive which is good and im being graded for my third belt in a few weeks....I still do both so i havnt stopped one for the other...Im looking for a chinese martial art to start as well as my other 2...What would you recomend...I would like something competitive and seeming as in the japanese martial arts they dont teach you flips, im desperate to learn them and have been practicing on my own form video tuts...Do any chinese martials teach you flips also?

Welcome, Daniel!

:karate:

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu