• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Has anyone studied Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun?

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue." -Hagakure

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Has anyone heard of Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun?

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue." -Hagakure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just started training in Hung fa yi Wing Chun. Does anyone want to recall their begging experiences when they started training in Wing Chun or any martial art?

When I started Wing Chun the one handed paak, taan, paak, taan chain punch control blew my mind. Now, a year later I see the same thing in newcomers. I love Wing Chun because of how fluid and effortless it can be when you get the hold of it. It's a VERY powerful system in the right hands.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

I have just started training in Hung fa yi Wing Chun. Does anyone want to recall their begging experiences when they started training in Wing Chun or any martial art?

how about a more specific question? starting wing chun always frustrates smart people because they can learn something and absorb it intellectually but making your body comply and relax is the real challenge

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

KungFuLuvva,

Yeah Sifu says that I am abit awkward with my movements.

MizuRyu,

I have actually only have had one lesson so far but I love doing it

Indeed, relaxation is probably the biggest roadblock for many newbies. Don't get frustrated with yourself though, that'll just make you more tense. Just open your mind and let it flow.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"