• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need Some Advice pls

Kazuma

bushido_man96,

I found the Kempo website for the actual schools. When I get an opportunity to visit one of the schools I will but currently I do not have a car. The most I have seen is that they offer one free class, which I do not think, is enough for me to really decide.

Cathal,

How much kicking is involved in Shotokan? Is it fluid or not and does it have allot of high kicking? I really do not like allot of high kicks.

I thank you guys about answering my questions.

http://www.tracyskarate.org/index.htm

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue." -Hagakure

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One free class may not be enough to decide, so I don't blame you there. As far as high kicks go, it may be instructor preference, so check with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Kazuma- in regards to shotokan and high kicking. Shotokan is more of effective kicking. Don't get me wrong, we have some people who can do high kicks. We really just keep our feet on the ground and do quick powerful kicks. However, as previously said, it depends on the type of school and instructor. Now, Tae Kwon Do has some nice high kicks if you are really interested in that way of kicking.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I found another school that Im interested in that teaches shootboxing can you guys tell me what you think.

http://www.mmamonroemartialarts.com/

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue." -Hagakure