• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This video shows a sparring match between a wing chun practitioner and a kickboxer. From the looks of it, the wing chun stylist does a decent job of defending himself.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am not so sure about how good the kick boxer was. He didn't judge his distance very well, and it looked like he had to load all of his kicks to get them to go. The Wing Chun guy could read the telegraphs very well, and he could close the gap well too. The kick boxer was pretty slow compared to the Wing Chunist as well. The WC guy had pretty good reaction time, too.

I don't like how the WC guy played the kickboxer's game. WC is infighting, he was keeping himself out of arm range and using front kicks to stop hit the kickboxer's techinques without stepping in and finishing the job (while the kickboxer was still standing). Both of them held back a lot.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

I don't like how the WC guy played the kickboxer's game. WC is infighting, he was keeping himself out of arm range and using front kicks to stop hit the kickboxer's techinques without stepping in and finishing the job (while the kickboxer was still standing). Both of them held back a lot.

But hey, if it works, why not?

But hey, if it works, why not?

I agree 100% here! The stragegy was working. Why step in and possibly get hit?

I am not so sure about how good the kick boxer was. He didn't judge his distance very well, and it looked like he had to load all of his kicks to get them to go. The Wing Chun guy could read the telegraphs very well, and he could close the gap well too. The kick boxer was pretty slow compared to the Wing Chunist as well. The WC guy had pretty good reaction time, too.

IMO...the KB was terrible. A good boxer should be almost always throwing jabs to feel out his opponent. This guy just kept trying to throw kicks from a ridiculous distance. I think he was very outclassed in terms of skill. This isn't a good example of style vs. style; Rather a guy who is trained vs. a guy who thinks he's trained.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

i love the wing ghung guy he is just standing there waiting for his chance i agree with ps1 that guy seemed to throw alot of pointles kicks and didnt change his tactics after seeing it wasnt working i wounder how long he has been doing Kick boxing

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

What we are looking at here is a kickboxer who is afraid of the Wing Chun practitioner, and we see a WC man who is making Wing Chun work for him without bouncing around and using 10 thousand techniques that do not belong to Wing Chun.

Wether the kickboxer's fear is because he is not well trained in what he does or wether because he is, but he happens to be outclassed by the kung fu guy, I will not discuss.

However, I believe that he would not have been so hesitant if he was facing a fellow kick boxer.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

Just becasue a guy who wears thai leg pads & boxing gloves does not make him a kickboxer.

These guys may have just been working on the "kickboxer's" kicking skills.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

Not sure what to think of that. They weren't impressive, not the little that I saw. Their punches were more like flails.