tdiedwards

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their is this one girl in my dojo who i always partner with, and she has this really high pitched kiai. It's like super-sonic, it actually hurts to hear when you close to her.

And during my black belt exam, i kiaied realy well and loud and hard, after like a half an hour, i was already so tired (this was a really intense test) and my voice hurt that my kiais started sounding really bad and sort of strained...it sounded like i was dying, it was embarrasing but under the surcumstances everyone understood.

"good enough is the enemy of excellence"

Shodan Goju Ryu karate-do under Sensei Gene Villa

Um, my current class fave:

GUUUULPPP!!!!!!

This is EXACTLY what it sounds like.... :-?

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

My Kiai's tend to be loud, with strength and sound more on the lines of;

"Tai!" (Literally! Its sounds good... Short and sharp.)

:D :lol:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

there was this guy who used to yell like a brick just fell on his toe, i swear he had one of the loudest kiais ever. it was quite funny, i remember when he came to our dojo first time, and his kiai just got louder and louder as time went on.

the actually shouting of the word 'kiai' is a classic, but nothing beats the good old 'HIIIIIIIIII-YAH!!'.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

• 1 month later...